Are you ready to embark on unforgettable adventures with the best trekking shoes in India?
Choosing the right pair of trekking shoes is crucial for conquering the great outdoors. In this article, we’ll explore the top trekking shoe brands known for their durability, comfort, and performance on various terrains.
For various types of hikes, different shoes are ideal. Does that imply that snow is the only surface where you can wear snow hiking boots? Actually, no. The finest hiking boots are adaptable. They perform effectively in all kinds of weather.
From renowned international names like Salomon and Merrell to trusted Indian brands like Quechua and Wildcraft, we’ll guide you toward the perfect fit for your trekking needs. This brings forth the following question: what are the top trekking shoes in India? And how do you reach this decision?
How to Choose the Best Trekking Shoes?
Choosing the right trekking shoes is crucial for a successful adventure. Don’t underestimate the importance of proper footwear! Invest in durable, waterproof, and breathable trekking shoes that provide support, comfort, and protection.
Ill-fitting or subpar trekking shoes can lead to blisters and discomfort, putting a damper on your trek. Opt for quality trekking shoes that keep you steady on any terrain, prevent slips, and make you feel like a trekking superstar. So, get ready to conquer the trails with confidence and enjoy an unforgettable trekking experience. Your feet will thank you!
Whether you’re planning a trek through mountains, jungles, deserts, or any other terrain, selecting the right pair of trekking shoes is essential for a comfortable and safe journey. Here we will discuss the factors to consider when choosing trekking shoes to ensure that you make the best choice for your outdoor adventures.
Terrain and Weather Conditions
- Mountains, Jungles, Deserts, etc.:
Different terrains require different features in trekking shoes. For rocky or mountainous terrain, sturdy and durable shoes with excellent ankle support are crucial. In jungle treks, shoes with good traction and breathability are essential to navigate muddy and wet conditions. In desert environments, shoes that offer protection from sand and heat are important.
- Monsoon Season Challenges:
If you plan to trek during the monsoon season, waterproof shoes become vital. Look for shoes with a waterproof membrane to keep your feet dry and protected from heavy downpours and waterlogged trails.
- Low-cut, mid-cut, and high-cut boots:
Low-cut boots provide flexibility and are suitable for light hiking and easy trails. Mid-cut boots offer better ankle support and are ideal for moderate terrains. High-cut boots provide maximum ankle stability and protection, making them suitable for challenging and uneven terrains.
- Pros and cons of each type:
Low-cut boots are lightweight and comfortable but may not provide adequate ankle support.
Mid-cut boots strike a balance between support and flexibility.
High-cut boots offer excellent ankle support but can be heavier and less flexible.
Material and Durability
- Leather, synthetic, or hybrid options:
Leather shoes are durable, offer good support, and mold to your feet over time. Synthetic shoes are lighter, dry faster, and are often more affordable. Hybrid options combine the benefits of both materials. Choose a material based on your preferences, durability needs, and budget.
- Waterproof and breathability features:
Look for shoes with waterproof membranes like Gore-Tex to keep your feet dry in wet conditions. Additionally, breathable materials or mesh panels allow moisture to escape, preventing excessive sweating and discomfort.
- Long-lasting construction:
Check for reinforced toe caps, sturdy stitching, and durable outsoles to ensure that your shoes can withstand the demands of trekking.
Comfort and Fit
- Importance of proper fit:
Ill-fitting shoes can lead to blisters, discomfort, and even injuries. Prioritize a snug fit without any pressure points. Ensure there’s enough room for your toes to wiggle and that your heels are secure.
- Cushioning, arch support, and ankle stability:
Look for shoes with adequate cushioning for shock absorption and support. Arch support is crucial for long treks, as it reduces fatigue and prevents foot pain. Additionally, consider shoes with proper ankle support to minimize the risk of sprains.
- Trying on and testing boots:
Trying and testing boots is very important especially if you are a beginner and not sure what you should go with. Visit a specialized store and try on different brands and models. Walk around the store to assess comfort, fit, and any potential discomfort. Testing boots on inclines or stairs can give you a better idea of their stability and traction.
For beginners, you can also rent trekking shoes very easily if you are not sure what kinds of shoes you want, or just want to try them out, or if you do not want to invest right now in trekking shoes.
Traction and Grip
- Outsole design and pattern:
Opt for trekking shoes with deep and multi-directional lugs on the outsole. This design provides excellent traction and grip on various surfaces, including wet rocks, muddy trails, and slippery terrains.
- Importance of good grip on different surfaces:
Slippery surfaces are common during treks, so having shoes with a reliable grip is essential for your safety. Look for shoes with outsoles made of high-quality rubber compounds that offer excellent traction.
Weight and Packability
- Balancing durability and weight:
Lighter shoes can enhance agility and reduce fatigue, but they may sacrifice durability. Consider the length and intensity of your treks to strike the right balance between durability and weight.
- Considerations for backpacking treks:
If you plan to carry a heavy backpack during your trek, opt for shoes that provide additional ankle support and stability. The added weight can increase the strain on your feet and ankles, making proper footwear crucial for injury prevention.
Choosing the perfect trekking shoes involves assessing the terrain, considering weather conditions, and prioritizing features such as material, durability, comfort, traction, and weight.
Remember, investing in high-quality trekking shoes tailored to your needs will significantly enhance your trekking experience, allowing you to fully enjoy the beauty and challenges of the great outdoors. So, gear up, put on those trekking shoes, and embark on unforgettable adventures in nature.
11 Best Trekking Shoes in India
This trekking shoe guide aims to explore the best footwear options available on Amazon for hiking and trekking. Based on each shoe style we have suggested on this list, we have sprinkled insightful guidance that is both practical and wise.
These popular hiking shoes feature a lace-up style and are available in a variety of colors. They stand out for having a “powerful” appearance, which is a plus.
- Suitable for both casual wear and severe trekking.
- These shoes are not ideal for rainy season as they are not waterproof.
|Price||₹2,553.00 – ₹3,895.00|
This suggestion is undoubtedly one of the best and most useful pairs of trekking shoes in India. They also add to its VFM(Value for money) by being quite trendy and sophisticated.
- The multi-terrain grip has shock-absorbing and water-proof (albeit not entirely waterproof) design features.
- Consists of design elements that breathe to reduce the buildup of odor.
- Has the same robustness but with a lightweight overall design.
- Does not have a steel-toe design integration.
One of the higher-grade and best hiking shoes available online, these are surprisingly inexpensive given all the advantages and design elements and are quite reliable in many ways.
- It can be used for trekking as well as leisure wear.
- Even on very slick surfaces, the multi colored outsole’s grooves provide maximum traction.
- The insole might not be as comfortable.Better and softer alternatives were possible.
These outrageously pricey mesh-design sneakers meet all outdoor expectations while also being able to handle lengthy excursions.
- A design feature known as mobile wings aids in keeping the foot in place while moving.
Chevron lugs provide strong ground penetration and multi-directional grip.
These hiking and trekking shoes have long been a mid-budget favorite due to their basic yet dependable design.
- It has that attractive stylish appeal.
- Can be worn casually as well as on long-distance treks.
- According to an user on Amazon, the golden buckles seem inadequate and there is some skidding in the shoe when you descend.
- They might also be a little uncomfortable.
|Price||₹1,195.00 – ₹1,350.00|
These trekking shoes are a great option and surprisingly of reasonable price given their many functions. They are also stylish and useful.
- Can be used for major hiking and trekking activities or worn casually.
- Increased long-term comfort with padded shoe collar.
- It is a little on the heavier side.
- The grip is not as great on tiles or smooth surfaces.
|Price||₹2,173.00 – ₹3,195.00|
These trekking shoes are highly recommended in the market and have received excellent ratings. With a perfect blend of comfort, cushioning, and protection, they offer an exceptional trekking experience. Among the top companies in outdoor gear, this pair of Salomon trekking shoes stands out for its amazing sole construction, making it suitable for all types of terrains.
- No compromise on quality
- Long-lasting in all terrains
- Superior grip on roads, mud, rocks, and wet surfaces
- Breathability for comfort
These reasonably expensive shoes are a standout option in the hiking and trekking footwear category thanks to excellent design decisions and useful integrations.
- It is lightweight and breathable.
- However reasonably priced, it is still quite expensive if compared to other brands.
|Price||₹7,499.00 – ₹18,379.90|
These rugged hiking and trekking shoes offered by the same brand, which are made to withstand the worst the outdoors has to offer, are another fantastic option.
- It is made of a breathable material, especially the mesh tongue.
- It provides a greater range of adjustment for all foot types.
- It is also ideal for use in really difficult environments.
- Waterproof material perfect for rainy season and snow hiking.
- Also lightweight compared other trekking shoes.
This is another popular brand that provides quality trekking shoes for rough terrains. These are not only waterproof but also feature an anti-skid sole with shock absorbent for extra stability. This choice offers so many outstanding characteristics that are created specifically for outdoor use, including trekking.
- Breathable material.
- Waterproof suede leather keeps your feet away from wet environment.
- Excellent grip.
- Ideal for use on any surface, even wet and wintry conditions.
- Slightly on the expensive side
11. Quechua NH100 Trekking Shoes:
Here goes one of the most affordable trekking shoes on our list. The list of best trekking shoes in India would have been incomplete without this brand. You can trust their quality and they perform what they claim.
- Good ankle support.
- Sturdy shoes that are good for dry hikes.
|Price||₹999.00 – ₹1499.00|
Best Budget-Friendly Trekking Shoes in India
Other than the trekking shoes already mentioned on this list, there are other budget-friendly options such as:
1. Quechua NH150 Trekking Shoes:
- Lightweight EVA foam midsole.
- Waterproof yet breathable membrane for your comfort.
- Excellent grip, thanks to its sole composition and its 4mm spikes.
- Extremely lightweight trekking shoes that does not weigh you down or feel bulky.
- The material is abrasion resistant.
- Not suitable for very uneven terrains.
2. Men’s waterproof Quechua MH100 Trekking Shoes:
- Enhanced Traction: 4mm gripping studs for optimal traction.
- Impact Resistance: Durable rubber guard for excellent protection to the forefoot.
- Waterproof: Keeps your feet dry in any weather with the waterproof and breathable membrane lining, ensuring 3 hours of protection.
- Superior Foot Support: The high-top upper and locking hooks offer secure lacing that supports both the foot and ankle.
- Cushioned Comfort: Enjoy full-length cushioning courtesy of the EVA midsole.
- Lightweight Design: Weighing a mere 440 grams per shoe (size 43), they offer a lightweight feel for effortless trekking.
- Slip-Resistant Outsole: Rubber outsole for slip resistance on uneven terrains.
- Excellent Traction: 2.5mm lugs for superior ground traction.
- Stability & Protection: High ankle length with plush collar for ankle support and anti-slip laces.
- Dustproof Design: Dustproof mesh upper with PU coverage & TPU protection.
- Comfortable Fit: Moulded insocks and IMEVA midsole for cushioning and shock absorption.
- Durable Construction: Dustproof mesh upper with PU coverage & TPU protection for long-lasting performance.
- Not suitable for advanced treks.
- Not waterproof
- Water-resistant and breathable trekking shoes.
- High ankle gives you extra support.
- Suitable for winter treks.
- Optimal grip on various terrains, including wet or steep conditions, with the high-traction anti-slip rubber outsole.
- Such high angles can be uncomfortable for beginners
Tips for Taking Care of Trekking Shoes
When it comes to taking care of your trekking shoes, a little effort goes a long way in ensuring their longevity and performance. Here are some handy tips to keep your kicks in great shape:
Cleaning and Maintenance:
After each trek, remove dirt and debris by gently brushing or wiping your shoes. Use a mild detergent and warm water to tackle stubborn stains. Avoid machine washing and harsh chemicals that could damage the shoe material. Apply a waterproofing treatment to maintain their water resistance.
Read more: Trekking Poles
Proper Drying Techniques:
After a wet trek, dry your shoes naturally in a well-ventilated area. Remove insoles and loosen laces to allow air circulation. Avoid direct heat sources like heaters or sunlight, as they can warp or crack the material.
Storage and Protection:
Store your trekking shoes in a cool, dry place to prevent mold and mildew. Stuff them with newspaper or shoe trees to maintain their shape. Consider using a shoe bag or container to protect them from dust and potential damage.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure your trekking shoes stay in top-notch condition, ready to take you on countless adventures.
Best Budget Trekking Shoes in India
- Quechua NH100
The Quechua NH100 is a great budget trekking shoe for beginners and experienced trekkers alike. It is lightweight, comfortable, and provides good traction on a variety of surfaces. It is also water-resistant, making it ideal for trekking in wet conditions.
- Redchief Men’s Leather Trekking and Hiking Footwear Shoes
The Redchief Men’s Leather Trekking and Hiking Footwear Shoes are a durable and affordable option for trekking shoes. They are made with high-quality leather and have a padded upper and foot bed for comfort. They also have a good grip on a variety of surfaces.
- Decathlon Men’s Trekking Shoes NH100
The Decathlon Men’s Trekking Shoes NH100 are another great budget option for trekking shoes. They are lightweight and comfortable, and they provide good traction on a variety of surfaces. They are also water-resistant, making them ideal for trekking in wet conditions.
- Woodland Men’s Boots
Woodland Men’s Boots are a popular choice for trekking shoes in India. They are durable and provide good support and ankle protection. They are also water-resistant, making them ideal for trekking in wet conditions.
- Quechua Forclaz 100 Mid WTP Shoes for Men
The Quechua Forclaz 100 Mid WTP Shoes for Men are a good option for trekking in wet conditions. They are waterproof and have a good grip on slippery surfaces. They are also relatively lightweight and comfortable.
- Columbia Men’s Redmond Mid Waterproof Hiking shoes for men
The Columbia Men’s Redmond Mid Waterproof Hiking shoes for men are a good option for trekking in a variety of conditions. They are waterproof and have a good grip on a variety of surfaces. They are also relatively lightweight and comfortable.
When choosing trekking shoes, it is important to consider the type of terrain you will be trekking on, the weight you will be carrying, and the weather conditions. It is also important to choose shoes that fit well and are comfortable to wear.
Final Thoughts for Best Trekking Shoes In India
The majority of pre-paid trekking excursions and outdoor vacations will include all the information you need regarding journey length (and requirements). The lighter the boots or shoes, the better for you, especially if you don’t exercise frequently. The goal is to avoid tiredness so that you may spend more time discovering, taking in, and appreciating the Great Outdoors. If you routinely go to the gym, wearing bulky boots or shoes won’t interfere with your travel.
The terrain and environment where you choose to go trekking should, however, always be considered while choosing your trekking shoes. This will not only enable you to save money, but it will also prevent you from second-guessing your footwear decision after spending several hours on the path.
Renting out trekking gear like trekking shoes is also an attractive option if you are just starting out, or do not go on frequent treks, or if you do not want to invest in trekking shoes right away. Rent trekking shoes for easy and hassle-free treks.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Best Trekking Shoes In India
What type of shoes are best for trekking?
They must be strong, waterproof, and light. In general, we advise selecting the lightest, most comfortable shoes you can find with the necessary support and stability for the type of hiking or trekking you intend to do and the terrain you’ll be traversing.
What is the difference between trekking/hiking shoes and trekking/hiking boots?
Shoes made for hiking must adhere to tougher requirements. Trekking boots are heavier, but also more durable and powerful. For those who don’t hike for several days or weeks in the woods, a standard hiking shoe is the ideal option.
Can I use running shoes for trekking?
Running shoes are specifically designed for long walks and runs but are not suitable for whole day trekking. They are not designed for rough terrains like trekking shoes. There is no water-resistant coating or membrane of any type on the running shoes. They will therefore become wet if you step in a puddle or a pothole, which is not ideal for a hike.
What is special about trekking shoes?
Hiking shoes with a higher cut are known as trekking shoes. For the Himalayan treks, you need this category. They are mid-rise ankle hiking boots that are water-resistant and designed with stronger materials to give you additional ankle support and protection on rugged terrain.
What shoes should I not wear while hiking?
Purchase footwear with good ventilation and quick drying capabilities. Avoid shoes with significant unsupported mesh areas since mesh deteriorates quickly on trails. Additionally, it’s a good idea to size up by half because extended hikes can cause feet to swell.
Is it okay to wear hiking shoes everyday?
While wearing hiking shoes or boots for casual walking is perfectly acceptable, there may be various reasons why you would still not want to do so every day.
For instance, these boots are typically not the most stylish option, they are often large and thick, and they are also quite hefty.
What colors should you not wear while hiking?
To reflect the sun’s rays off your body, wear light-colored clothing while hiking in the summer, such as white, tan, and light blue. The sun will be absorbed by dark hues like black and navy blue, making you feel hotter. Additionally, wearing comfortable, loose-fitting clothing aids in controlling body temperature.
What are the three kinds of mountaineering footwear?
Extreme cold/high altitude footwear for climbing the world’s highest peaks, 4-season technical alpine boots to keep your feet warm while moving quickly and lightly, and lightweight mountain climbing boots for less difficult and lower altitude routes are the three kinds of mountaineering footwear.
What boots do Mt. Everest climbers wear?
Both plastic-lined climbing boots and light hiking footwear are required.To offer feet greater room and lower the chance of frostbite, these should be large. To help keep boots warm, heating pads and wires are available. Depending on the style of boot, you might also need insulated overboots.
Should mountaineering boots be tight?
Your mountaineering boots should be big enough to fit warm, thick socks without being excessively roomy. Your new boots ought to be roomy enough for your heel to lift slightly away from the footbed during a step without pressing abrasively against the boot’s back.