Bijli Mahadev – Kullu, Himachal Pradesh
Located around 22km from Kullu, Bijli Mahadev is really a treat to enjoy. The lush green deodar forest and fascinating trek make this tour more than just spiritual enlightenment. Bijli Mahadev is known as the temple of thunderstorms and because of its rich culture and ethnicity, it is considered as one of the most sacred temples of Himachal Pradesh. It is located at the altitude of 2460m and it is one of the most ancient temples of India.
There is a 60 feet tall staff on the top of the temple which looks like pointing the sky like a needle attracts the lightning which is considered as a blessing from Lord Shiva and as people say the priest of this temple store this positive energy in Shiva Linga and of course which clearly depicts that this elegant Bijli Mahadev temple is dedicated to the Almighty Shiva. Bijli Mahadev stays closed in the winter due to the extreme climate so it is recommended to visit in the summer months, between March to September.
Time – 22 to 23 hours
Distance – 107 KM’s
Altitude – 1800MTS to 2400 MTS
Day 1 (Naggar – Jana), Height – 1800mts, Distance – 13kms, Time – 4 to 5 hours
- Located around 22 km from Malani, the old capital of Kullu is situated. From here we will start our trek.
- There is a natural road that will take us to the destination through immense greenery.
- After trekking for around 4 to 5 hours we will reach our first campsite at Jana.
- We will stay in the Jana camp till morning.
Day 2 (Jana – Matikochar), Height – 1250mts, Distance – 44kms, Time – 6 to 7 hours
- In a very new day, we will leave to Matikochar on a well-built road. Enjoying the beautiful view of Kullu Valley. It will look no less than a treat to the eyes.
- After 5 hours of trekking, we will reach our campsite at Matikochar.
- We will stay in the Matikochar camp till morning.
Day 3 (Matikochar – Bijli Mahadev) Height – 2400mts Distance – 30kms, Time – 6 hours
- Through Kais Wildlife Sanctuary that will lead to the elegant Bijli Mahadev temple.
- After darshan, there is another trekking of 4 hours which leads to the campsite of Bijli Mahadev.
- Bijli Mahadev has amazing views of river Beas and Parvati.
- We will stay in the camp of Bijli Mahadev overnight.
Day 4 (Bijli Mahadev – Kullu) Height – 1200 MTS, Distance – 24 KM, Time – 5 hours
- After trekking for an hour from the campsite we will reach the Paid village( by road).
- If you have enough of trekking and mountains then you can simply descend to the Sharsari in the Parvati valley and then drive to Manikaran hot spring.
- Or if you want to taste some more trekking then you may ride to Manali which takes around 3 hours and then go back home.
Some Basic Essential:-
- The Valid Photo I’d Proof
- Water Bottle
- Trekking Bag
- Flashlight & Power Bank
- First Aid Box
- Comfortable Trekking Cloths
- Trekking Shoes
- Energy Drinks