Dayara Bugyal Trek
Untouched by beautiful plains and a plain covered with a sheet of velvety green grass, it is Dayara Bugyal situated in the Uttarkashi of Uttarakhand. Dayara Bugyal is a perfect trek for long weekends and is an ideal start for amateurs/beginners in trekking. It is one of the most beautiful meadows in the Garhwal Himalayas overlooking the Gangotri Ranges, Draupadi ka Danda, Srikantha, and Jaonli Peak. This is an easy trek that can be done throughout the year but May to September is the best time to do this trek.
According to history, Kunti Mata used to cultivate paddy in Bugyal & hence the place is called by the name “Kunti Ki Seri”. There is a Bakriya top place where there is a Vakratunda cave where Lord Ganesha’s neck was cut by Lord Shiva in history.
Dayara Bugyal starts from 2600 meters above sea level and goes up to 3500 meters in height. This Bugyal is also known as the paradise of cattle ranchers and a special and unique festival is celebrated by them every year. The butter festival, locally known as the ‘Anduri festival’ is celebrated on the occasion of Sankranti. During the festival, villagers play Holi with butter and buttermilk.
- To and from transfer from Dehradun.
- All Veg meals as indicated above in the itinerary.
- Tented accommodation on a triple-sharing basis.
- Guest House/Homestay in Raithal on triple sharing.
- Morning and Evening tea with light snacks during the trek.
- All necessary fees and permits.
- Trekking equipment (tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, gaiters, crampons etc.)
- Medical First Aid Kit.
- Services of an expert trek leader
- Services of an expert trek team (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- All Applicable Taxes
- Food during the transit.
- Backpack offloading charges.
- Personal expenses of any kind.
- Any expenses for optional activities.
- Travel Insurance.
- Anything apart from the inclusions.
Through oak and maple forests, the trail gradually ascends. In the morning before your trek, explore Raithal, an idyllic village that lives harmoniously with nature.
An easy hike through oak forests and clearings. The majority of the walks are flat. Take advantage of this day to explore Chilapada and acclimatize. In winter, snow will cover the ground.An easy hike through oak forests and clearings. The majority of the walks are flat. Take advantage of this day to explore Chilapada and acclimatize. In winter, snow will cover the ground.
After an undulating walk through meadows, we ascend Dayara Top. This is your introduction to Dayara's meadows. Remove your shoes, and wiggle your toes in the grass. These are a few of the best alpine meadows you'll enter.
Things to Carry
Back pack & rain cover: (50 – 60 litre) with Comfortable Shoulder Straps
Day pack + rain cover: 20 – 30 litre (If You Hire a Mule/Porter)
Walking stick: Advisable (At least One)
Water bottle/Hydration pack: 2 Bottles of 1 litre Each
Personal Medical Kit: Consult Your Doctor
Snacks: Energy bars, Dry Fruits, Electral/ORS