Kuari Pass Trek
Garhwal Region, Uttarakhand
Another attraction is available during the winter. Mountain passes within the Himalayas are buried in snow most of the year, but the Kuari Pass trek can be done in winter. Even though you don’t cross the pass, you climb to the top so that you can enjoy the views from above.
A few times, you might come across the footprints of the rare Himalayan Bear or Leopard. One of the main attractions of the Kuari Pass trek is the chance to camidst lushlush green meadows, including numerous verdant pastures with Himalayan views. The Kuari pass is often referred to as the Doorway. Kuari Pass Trek is perhaps the most well-known trek in the Garhwal Himalayas.
- All meals starting from dinner on day 1 to breakfast on the last day
- Elaborate spread of veg meals with egg preparations
- Accommodation during the trek for 5 nights
- 3 Nights Camping
- 2 Nights in Hotel/Luxury Camp
- Transport from Dehradun onwards
- Tempo Traveler with Push back seats
- Pickup from Prince Chowk, near Dehradun Railway Station at 7 AM
- Pickup from Rishikesh at 8:30 AM
- Any Expenses or services not mentioned in the above inclusions
- Trek Insurance
- Coverage for Medical Evacuation: Hospitalization.
- Can be upgraded for Missed flights, cancellations, and baggage loss.
- Any costs incurred due to bad weather or roadblocks
- Baggage Offload Charge INR 350/- for one bag up to 12 KG per day
Pick- Up / Drop
Distance: 210 KM | Duration: 8 Hours Drive via Rishikesh | Type of Accommodation: Hotel Stay We drive from Dehradun to Karanprayag via Rishikesh. Overnight stay.
Distance: 5 KM | Duration: 4 to 5 hours | Drive: 90 KM in 3 hours | Altitude: 6,890 feet to 9,890 feet | Type of Accommodation: Tents - Camping A short trek with a gradual ascent to the Guling campsite. The trail will get steeper close to the campsite.
Distance: 6 KM | Duration: 5 to 6 hours| Altitude: 9,890 feet to 11,000 feet| Type of Accommodation: Tents - Camping Today the trek distance is slightly more than the previous day as well as the altitude touches 11,000 feet high. The trail seems more arduous owing to the thinner air.
Distance: 10 KM | Duration: 7 to 8 hours | Altitude: 12,530 feet | Type of Accommodation: Tents - Camping Longest trekking day, we summit the Kuari Pass in 3 to 4 hours, another 4 hours to descend to the campsite of Tali. Depending on the weather conditions in winter we may return to Khulara/Dhak
Distance: 8 to 10 KM | Duration: 5 to 6 hours| Altitude: 9,550 feet | Type of Accommodation: Luxury Camp #in peak winters if Auli is sold out we may drive to Karanprayag We trek to Auli via Gorson Bugyal. It is a beautiful trekking section.
Distance: 300/210 KM | Duration: 7 hours/ 9 hours Trip Ends - arrive in Dehradun between 4 & 6 PM The drive to Dehradun will take 9 to 10 hours from Auli, and 7 to 8 hours from Karanprayag.